10 June 2008

Lesson Learned

She came to me,
told me,
how he hurt her.
She started to
cry.
I gave her a hug.
Told her,
He may not have
ment it.
She agreed.
But the hurt remain,
The broken trust lay
between them
like a mountain.

I crossed it.

I found him.
He didn't remember
I reminded him
He said,
he didn't mean to
hurt her,
it had been instinct.
I warned him,
to be careful
He had a responsibility
to fulfill

She was only twelve.

She was smiling,
eager to help.
I reminded her
not to forget
and to be careful.

Lesson Learned.

-J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one :)
It reminds me of a situation I was also in!

(¯`·._.·ðÐuK€·._.·´¯) said...

:S

Laura said...

I like your poem. I really noticed an improvement in your writing. Must have been your elementary teacher! lol.