25 June 2008

First Storm of 2008!

Time to blog again. Hey guys. Well, I'm hard pressed to find a topic. I could ask you if you wanted to leave a suggestion, but that would take too long. So, there are a tons of things that I want to write about, but they are too short to make much of a blog post, and my thoughts aren't in order yet.

Anyway, I started this post couple of days ago, but once again, I didn't have time to complete it. But it worked out, because in the days that I haven't had time to complete it, I came up with a topic...so, it's all good.

Anyway, so, last night, my sister had a photo shot to do for Carlee. So I asked if I could tag along and carry the bag or something. It turned out, that I only was there for ummm, well, I didn't really do anything useful, but that is okay, because I managed to get some pictures of me, that I really like. (You have to understand that this is highly unusual.) So, I got pictures of me out of that, then after we were done with the pictures, we all headed back to our house to upload Carlee's and for me to relax..lol.
Then, the next time I looked out, was when Rach and Carlee were about to head to the store, and we all looked outside. WOW! Was it scary. The wind was crazy! And the clouds were blowing in so fast and it was going to be a thunder storm. The first one of the year too!
So, by the time 2130 rolled around, it was raining hard and blowing harder. And, to my surprise, there was even lighting and thunder. I was impressed. I absolutely love thunder storms. Lighting is the best, but if there is no thunder, then it is pointless, and there was a lil' bit of thunder...lol.

Carlee phoned her dad to ask about the weather (because her dad is in charge of emergency natural disasters and knows this type of thing) and he said that he had thought that this storm would hit dead on, but had varied to the NW and we caught the tail end of it, and he also said that there was another on about a hour behind and he wasn't sure if it would hit us or not. But I don't think it did.

Anyway, I really love thunder storms and would really consider moving to a place that got them. Because I know in Sask, we don't get really bad ones, and I want to see some purdy sights...hehe. But, I am willing to settle for extreme temperatures for now.

Anyway, to finish the story, when Carlee, Rachel, Gary and I were sitting by the window watching the storm, I thought of Vernon, BC, because Vernon had horrible storms that I heard about and experienced. Well, as this flashed through my head, I thought of a time that my sis had told me about two years ago when she was on her 6-week course. Then the phone rang. Carlee answered it, in a rather unique way, and the person on the other end didn't quite know what to do. So whatever, we got it sorted out, and it was my buddy calling to talk to me, and as soon as I heard it was him, I connected the dots and asked him if this storm reminded him of Vernon. And to top it off, he was even thinking of the same scenario that I had been just a moment ago. It was pretty funny and we ended the conversation.
And by then, the storm looked like it was going to end by the morning. LOL.
So, that was my first storm of 2008, and I almost counted the number of lighting flashes, but not quite...lol.
-J

4 comments:

(¯`·._.·ðÐuK€·._.·´¯) said...

wow ouch... that post made me sad... Carlee's dad?...
THE FOUR OF YOU?
"Anyway, to finish the story, when the FOUR of us were sitting by the window watching the storm"
who was the fourth?... Just curious.

Anonymous said...

who is this duke person...the only other one to comment i mean

Jenna said...

Gary.

Anonymous said...

the funny part is where we didn't really get big storms this summer in Vernon. they would always be just a little off.