10 May 2008

My Title

So, I was thinking about my blog title: Let it be. When you first look at it, you don't really know what's going on with it. Like, it could be taken as, let it be, don't worry, don't change anything. Kinda like when there is a problem and you have a passive person who is like, just let it be.

But that's not what I was meaning. Has anyone heard the song, "Let it be"? You were letting a dream happen and you were letting the dream be, happen. That's what I meant by the title. I think it's a powerful message and it completely true. You should listen to the song, then you will understand what I'm saying. But, on the subjects of dreams, you are a little child, and you have this big, or even small fantasy of something you really, really want to do, when the time is just right, usually when you are just a little older. This is were parents come in. If their child trusts them enough (and they should) to tell his/her parent about this dream, the parents need to be CAREFUL in not hurting that child. Because as you all know, little kids have interesting dreams that they want to come true. And if a parent does it enough times, is callus to that child, then sooner or later, that child wont dream. This happens. And I think this song just kinda shows a hope in a child's dream.

But there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with dreams. Even if they are wild. If the kid is young enough, they will learn to dream good dreams with the help of Godly parents, but if parents aren't too sure what to do with their kid who want to be a ninja cowboy and it's a girl, then there isn't any point in scolding the child for not understanding that it's not really possible. It all depends on the age of the child. But yeah, I'm not an expert on child raising, and I know I didn't cover everything on this subject. That's okay. I'm just thinking about it. I absolutely love little kids imagination. It is super funny and completely real to them. And they don't care what you think...lol.
-J

2 comments:

(¯`·._.·ðÐuK€·._.·´¯) said...

American Idol?... isn't that something on the Television?
HMMM Jenna....
Well, the first time Heard that song was summer of 05 at my grand parents house... or 04 w/e.
Check out my blog!
www.upc336.blogspot.com
~G

Anonymous said...

Let It Be? As made famous by the Beatles? Lol, actually that was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at your site the first time. Good song.

As I red this, I remembered the short story, Penny in the Dust, which I had to read on two occasions, and enjoyed.

Dreams definitely inspire me, and I sometimes find that dreams also warn me of things or even make me more aware of some situations, and even make me more aware of some of my own strengths and shortcomings. I've recently had dreams that help me see how to solve a problem before it even comes up. I find this is more the case as I grow older and my dreams get more realistic. But sometimes I miss those really random dreams that just don't make sense but take you on a real wild adventure, :D

-Robert