19 May 2008

Fun

Well, time to blog again, as I was reminded that it has been a total of 9 days since my last blog. I've been just a little busy. This last weekend, I was on a Field Training Exercise (FTX) and it was fun. Lots of fun. And hard work. I have some funny stories about that. But anyway, so this weekend and kinda everything leading up to it has been kinda really CRAZY! I had to deal with wonderful people, who if I wasn't in cadets, wouldn't even look at for someone that I would associate with. Actually there about a few people in cadets that if it weren't for cadets, I won't have anything to do with them. Sigh. I love life. So anyway, I have a little rant to get off my chest. It's about leadership. I love leadership. I like to help people with things, to teach them, to watch them grow on how I taught them. But, the flip side, some people say that the qualities of a leader include:
Lead by Example
Self Confident
Strong Willed
Knowledgeable
Willing to be corrected
Just to name a few. Now the ones that some people that I know take to the EXTREME are Self Confident, knowledgeable, strong willed and NOT WILLING TO BE CORRECTED. To me, when you are a leader, and are very self confident, that is okay, but to be self confident to the point of ARROGANCE is too far. You do not need to be arrogant to be a good leader. Having confidants is fine, but when you make a couple of mistakes every three years, it shows the people you are leading that you are human!! Also if you make mistakes, you are not as harsh on other HUMANS who make mistakes. It is all about trying. Another one, lead by example. Okay, so I'm in cadets, I am a leader. The biggest thing I have going for me as a leader is that I try my best to LEAD BY EXAMPLE. I don't want to be arrogant, I want to be approachable when I make a mistake. But most of all, I don't want the people under me thinking that being a leader is only being Self Confident, Strong Willed and Not willing to be Corrected. Sometimes, I think, that some people get carried away and they PROMOTE this. Ahh! No! Don't! We don't want people coming out of cadets with the only life skill of being confident and not being about to lead by example. Do people know what I am talking about when I say lead by example? It means when you are tasking someone to do something, you should be helping in whatever you can, besides just giving direction. You should not be an idiot and think you are Super-Human. Cuz, the Lord has this wonderful way of making you not so Super-Human. And everyone around you enjoys a good laugh. It's true. I speak from experience...lol.
Anyway, this is my rant on leadership. Lead by Example. You will get further in life then just being Self Confident. Promise. Anyway, dont' get mad at me....lol. God Bless and have a good day!
-J

4 comments:

(¯`·._.·ðÐuK€·._.·´¯) said...

LoL... Cadet thing once again no idea what your talking about... Or do I?
:-D
Hows my leadership skills? I'm trying... obviously i couldn't get the joint services thing off the ground. But i gave it a shot...

Anonymous said...

it's not as much of a cadet thing, it's more of a thing that you notice when you are put in any place that's meant to develop leaders.

you pretty much hit it right on every point. good post!

Rachel Peterson said...

Yay! Robert is all over cyberspace.

Anonymous said...

HAHA Very good. Especially the part about how God has His own special way of making everyone human in their pride... :D. Oh, and personal experience is always good to draw from as well :P.